Friday, May 28, 2010

One Day Vacation


Snorkeling, spa and relaxing by the pool. That's what some people might think I'm doing here in a country that is famous for posh resorts. Actually, it's not easy to get to a resort on my rare day off from teaching. But this is a small country filled with family connections, and the manager of my Male hotel has a relative in the resort industry. He arranged for a one day visit to Vadoo resort. I got up early to take the ferry. For me it was a ride to paradise, but for the other passengers it was the bus to work.
We were welcomed with a refreshing towel and iced tea. Umair and Shifana showed me around this slice of paradise, a jewel of a resort with a lush garden and a sparkling oceanfront infinity pool as its centerpiece. From here, we grabbed some snorkeling gear to check out the house reef. As a certified PADI diver, I'm usually disappointed by snorkeling, but there was plenty of live coral here and a dropoff to deeper water with huge groupers and other colorful fish.
Next... a visit to the spa!

1 comment:

infinity downline said...

This is fantastic information for blog. I really love the way infomration presented in your post. I have added to you in my social bookmark…and i am w8ing ur next post.