Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Coaching at Reagan Library

Because talent coaching is a very personal thing, I respect the confidentiality of my clients when it comes to this blog. However, I just had to write about my coaching day at the Reagan Library. The people who work there could not have been more welcoming to the digital reporters, producers and crew who were there to shoot a segment on the upcoming centennial celebration of Reagan's birth. The actual date is Feb. 6 2011, but the party will go on for two full years. The goal of the coaching was to sharpen the content of the segments and the talent performance.
It seems that everyone is invoking Reagan's legacy in these turbulent political times. The tour guides told us that many visitors to the library wish they could have Reagan back in the White House. Some of the exhibits are under renovation, but there is plenty to see, including a very accurate representation of the Oval Office during Reagan's presidency. I can vouch for that because I was there during my time as a national correspondent for the NBC owned stations. It's also amazing to see the Air Force One pavillion and go inside the plane to see the dinosaur pre-internet technology that Reagan used to win the Cold War. It's well worth the drive out to Simi Valley.

No comments: